Re: (PM) 2 PM3's, not fully populated.

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:00:11 -0700

This is a *very* important issue from what I've seen.. A big advantage of
using PM3's or similar equipment is that each unit can take analog OR ISDN
calls on the same hardware. If an analog call comes in to a PM3 which ran
out of modems but not channels then it's terrible that it would just return
a busy for some people - it should get the switch to forward to the next
PM3 like Robert is explaining below.

Even worse, I don't think there is anything that can be done with CT1's :|.
As I understand it, there is no way to tell the switch to generate a busy
signal for the user if there are no modems available. Instead, it just
hangs there in dead air. Can't a busy signal at least be simulated by the
PM3 on the channel even if it doesn't forward it to the next PM3? This way,
the user would keep re-dialing since it was busy, not wonder since there was
just dead air.

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager