Re: (PM) Question- Frac PRI

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:30:07 -0700

I've noticed that despite what I think it should do the PM3 only displays
NO-SERVICE when the line is physically not up. One of my PM3's has two
CT1's going into it but the trunks aren't turned up on the second one -
those ports show IDLE anyway as if they were. There is no indicitation to
me that they aren't turned up yet other than the fact that I know it.

Maybe the Pm3 can't figure it out with Ct1's though..

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 08:32:36PM -1000, NOT a LE employee wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Greg Saulsbury wrote:
>
> > Question Gang...
> >
> > Today GTE installed another PRI for us... We requested a fractional PRI
> > w/10 channels turned on. Supposedly that's what we got . When I do a
> > "show modem" all 23 channels show to be on or idle. I was wondering if
> > those 13 channels we didn't have turned on should be showing "no servcie"
> > instead.
>
> do a sh all to show port status this will tell you what ports are active
> or not. Hmm maybe we should ask support for how things look in various
> situations?
>
> sh mo should only show the status of the modems... so you may see the
> status of all the modems which doesn't equate to the port status.
> remember the modems are not statically assigned but kind of rotate.
>
> > Maybe they screwed up and turned all 23 on for us?! How can I tell
> > folks? Love to get that lower bill from GTE for all 23 channels... if so
> > next time we'll order a PRI w/1 channel turned on! Half of $1100/month
> > would be cool!
>
> LOL, if so, do NOUGHT complain ;) and here they can't 'backbill' so it's
> on the date of discovery that they can start billing from.
>

> --
> Aloha from Paradise,
>
> Sherwood
>
> -