Re: (PM) ACK! FORGOT SOMETHING Re: pm2 and 14.4 modems from hell - please help (fwd)

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:06:13 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 modem@ccbc.ml.org wrote:

> NO WAY dude I don't want to cause problems for anyone, this guy was great
> he tried for an hr and was very polite and even gave me some recipie for
> sausage if I remeber while he tried to fix it :)
>
> I have nothing but good things to say about tech support he went out of
> his way to help with hardware that anyone else would have give up with
> already
>
> Anyways it's solved a student on campus who happens to work with
> WAN networks suggest turning off result codes "ATQ1" and BAM! now they
> connect with port speed to 57600

That kid got a resume?

> On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>
> > Once upon a time modem@ccbc.ml.org shaped the electrons to say...
> > >Heh forgot to mention a livingston tech tried to get the modems to work
> > >with port speeds set above 9600 and gave up
> >
> > Gave up?! bmayer@livingston.com - Tech support manager, I suggest to
> > share your experience.
> >
> > -MZ
> > --
> > Lucent Remote Access Division - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs
> > Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
> > For support requests: support@livingston.com <http://www.livingston.com/>
> > Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
> > -
> >

> -
> To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - NOC Advocate
Lucent Technologies Remote Access Business Unit
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588