(PM) Re: PM3 and RJ45 with 4 wires?

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:14:46 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:

> So whats the deal? Am I not getting something? Why does the RJ45 Ether
> cable that ships with the PM3 have only 4 wires instead of 8? Is this
> all it needs?

Uhm, it isn't CAT5 spec if all 8 wires are connected... but for most
devices only 2 pairs of wire are used... 8)

But as an aside, I would have extra CAT5 cables just in case you get a
flakey one... we've had that happen before... DOA cables or lots of yellow
alarms and such... change cable and all becomes well... not saying it's
always the cable...

8) btw, I'm on the list so no need to cc me....

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood