Re: (PM) pm2 and 14.4 modems from hell - please help

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:04:25 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 modem@ccbc.ml.org wrote:

> I did this and now it all works except 1 thing..... The last person
> had the portmaster setup so that the ports on the portmaster that had the
> infotel 14.4 modems connected to were set at 57600 and worked great.
> Now I can't set the ports above 9600 or I get garbage on connect

Set flow control on both the modems and the PM to RTS/CTS (and not XON/XOFF).

Set the speeds to 57600.

Telnet to the PM, attach to the modem port and initialize the modem.

See the Portmaster manual info on modem tables and adding custom modem
strings if necessary.

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/Config/modem-table.html

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.
805-892-2133 805-289-1000 805-578-2121