Re: (PM) Setting a "static" IP address to each modem? (fwd)

Peter Chow (peter@interq.or.jp)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:29:15 +0900

Paul,

does this 1 to 1 port mapping only apply to CT1? Or is it good for PRI
as well?

We tested this with a PRI and PM3 running ComOS 3.7.2. Our telco configured
the PRI with 3 hunt groups, each hunt group for a separate services. So
users with accounts for hunt group #1 can't dial into hunt group #2, etc.
Our Radius server allows us to authenticate by user name as well as port
number.

We found that the users dialing into hunt group #1 could end up on any
S-port. And MZ confirmed that there was no static mapping between DS0
and S-port. If what you are saying is true, does it mean I should re-run
my tests?