Re: (PM) PORTMAN

Amy (amy@internet-frontier.net)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 11:18:49 +0800 (PST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Richard Stuplich wrote:

> > > In radius and the portmaster, yes. That is the cool thing about PortMan
> > > it is active, it looks at your settings in it's config file and acts on
> > > that.
> > >

> > The LCP layer of PPP has these settings in, does it not? How does your
> > program access the LCP layer once it's up?
>
> I don't think the LCP layer of PPP has this info. The Radius does for
> sure but these are not PPP things. Idle time and max session length are
> not, as far as I know anything in LCP or PPP.

Ok, I've done quite of bit of hacking at PPP, and I know that the LCP
layer intializes things like asyncmap, idle time, and session length, and,
at least with standard implentations of PPP, you can't go back and change
those once LCP has been negotiated.

So it sounds like you re-invented idled :)

Amy :)