Re: (PM) DHCP

John-David Childs (jdc@denver.net)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:29:32 -0700

Ok, let me see if I got this straight...

ComOS 3.7X will DHCP proxy for any serial/WAN link device (i.e. an
ISDN router/cable modem) which is capable of *originating* a DHCP request,
but it will not proxy/forward a DHCP request from a remote LAN device
(i.e. DHCP CLIENT-->OR/U-->PM3-->DHCP SERVER).

I've been pulling my hair out over this scenario for weeks (off-and-on ;)
and couldn't figure out why I never saw DHCP packets hit the PM3 from the
OR/U.

Can anyone recommend a router to replace the OR/U in the above scenario
(one which can forward DHCP requests coming in from the Ethernet)?

--
John-David Childs (JC612)       Enterprise Internet Solutions
System Administrator            @denver.net/Internet-Coach/@ronan.net