Re: (PM) serial admin off (fwd)

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 14:52:41 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Gary Austin shaped the electrons to say...
> >Why is it that I have serial admin off checked and I can still go into
> >my dial in box and log in as admin. I have 2 pm2's and a pm3 and I can
>
> Set it from the command line to be sure - personally I never use PMconsole.

Although, even die-hards like MegaZone will be happy to know that Amber
is not only much more full featured than PMconsole, but that it has a
command window as well!!

> When I set it from the command line it stops me from logging in as !root
> over a serial port.
>
> -MZ
> --
> Lucent Remote Access Division - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs
> Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
> For support requests: support@livingston.com <http://www.livingston.com/>
> Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
> -

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - NOC Advocate
Lucent Technologies Remote Access Business Unit
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588