Re: (PM) CRC's: how serious

Miquel van Smoorenburg (list-portmaster-users@news.cistron.nl)
5 Feb 1998 20:01:00 +0100

In article <19980205180642.AAA14842@[205.228.248.22]>,
Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com> wrote:
>After months of trying to track them down, my RBOC has given up on
>finding the source of the CRC's I get on one of my 7 PRI. They did verify
>that it's coming from them, but hey don't know where, and they've
>replaced every piece of gear along the way to me from the CO.

When we had that they traced it to a defective ADSL card at their side.

>Sometimes I get as many as 20 an hour, but the avg is more like 5/hr. How
>serious is this? Should I continue to persue the telco?

Yes, we had some very mysterious spontaneous hangup problems that were
caused by this. After it was fixed we saw 0 errors - even after weeks.

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac lay in his bed
    miquels@cistron.nl  |  awake all night wondering if there is a doG