Re: (PM) CT-1 Slow Connect Rates

Ingrid Kast Fuller (ingrid@cityscope.net)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 22:30:54 -0600

Don Lashier wrote:

> On 2/4/98, at 4:32 PM, John Bevins wrote:
> >If you have had slower connects rates on a PM-3 with a channelized T-1 than on analog and you were able to solve the problem please describe what was down.
>
> Ours were about the same as analog, poorer with some modems.
> Each rev of COMOS improved things, as did padding adj. to
> the telco switch. We now generally get one or two notches higher
> connect speed with digital (v.34). Comos 3.7.2, but you might
> try the beta. I assume you're trunkside?
>
> Don

> Don Lashier dl@newportnet.com
> Newport Internet http://www.newportnet.com/

---------------------- line0 - T1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

Receive Level: +2dB to -7.5dB

Are these levels acceptable. Is there a way to change the digital
padding
on the PM3? Or is it all done at the telco? We've been getting slower
speed connects with the PM3 than our PM2-E with analog service. We have
found that by upgrading customers firmware, that usually helps their
situation but it doesn't help everyone.