Re: (PM) out of slots!! (fixed)

Livingston maillists address (radius@guarddog.comptime.com)
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:17:09 -1000 (HST)

> On Wednesday, February 04, 1998 5:30 PM, Livingston maillists address
> [SMTP:radius@guarddog.comptime.com] wrote:
> > Thanx Paul, the answer was right on.
> >
> > Checking the line stats showed a couple o' million bipolar violations
> > and a few thousand sync errors.
> >
> > These all occured when the customer was using a 3com Office Connect
> > ISDN Lan Modem. The customer reported a slow throughput - guess that
> > makes sense with a few millon retries :-)

<snip>

> If you have more than one person on this particular PRI and only this
> customer causes errors, then you've got me stumped. The telco has to be
> doing some strange things to end up with bipolar violations on a T1 because
> of a particular unit being dialed in.
>
> Chad Scott

It kinda got me too, but this *is* an active PRI with lots of users on
it, he *was* the only one causing errors and even stranger, when he
switched from the 3com TA to a NetCommander it stopped. He's since logged
in repeatedly with the NetCommander and no more errors. I wanted him to
hook the 3com box back up so I could double check the behavior but he sent
it back .... He did report the throughput on the 3com was half of what
the NetCommand does (timing ftp transfers).

Looked strange to me too, part of why I posted the message. It's got me
stumped too. As I recall, bipolar errors are encoding errors, right? Who's
doing the encoding, the CO or the TA?.

I'm watchin' them counters though :-)

---
John Breeden