Re: (PM) out of slots!! (fixed)

Livingston maillists address (radius@guarddog.comptime.com)
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:29:47 -1000 (HST)

Thanx Paul, the answer was right on.

Checking the line stats showed a couple o' million bipolar violations
and a few thousand sync errors.

These all occured when the customer was using a 3com Office Connect
ISDN Lan Modem. The customer reported a slow throughput - guess that
makes sense with a few millon retries :-)

There has been no additional bipolar or sync errors since he stopped
using the 3Com (he's using a NetCommander now).

The assumtion is a bad 3Com. Did'nt kow those error counters could
mean a bad end device ....

So munich is the hdlc chip ?... guess I can stop looking for the
beer tap on the side of the pm3 ... , would have made a nice option,
let the marketing manager know ... :-)

----
John Breeden
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii