Re: (PM) Disconnect problems

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@usacomputers.net)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 06:35:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Brian Elfert wrote:

> > in my idle-timeout. I am now having many customers who are having
> > disconnect problems. Some have switch over from other providers where,
> > of course, they didn't have any problems. I'm about to take out the
> > idle-timeout again to help. Just thought I'd post a message and see
> Check your radius accounting files. The disconnect reason should be
> logged there. If a user is getting idle timed out, it'll show up there.

I've found when scanning the logs that the People who are "Always getting
kicked off every 5 mins" are usually the people who are on 20 with 15
being idle. I would suggest getting something like ulog.pl, usage.pl or
MSQuery if loggin to ODBC and pulling up all the users stop records when
they say something like that. 9 out of 10 times once I show them that it
all of a sudden is not on our end.

Thomas Kinnen
USA Anime Archive : http://www.anime.usacomputers.net
Personal Home Page : http://www.sobhrach.com/