Re: (PM) Disconnect problems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:25:35 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Tom Swenson wrote:

> Is it just me? When I started up as an ISP with a new PM3 back in May, I
> installed an idle-timeout. Were were having lot's of disconnect
> problems, so I removed it, not knowing if that was the cause. Then after
> numerous OS changes, though my disconnect problems were few, I put back
> in my idle-timeout. I am now having many customers who are having
> disconnect problems. Some have switch over from other providers where,
> of course, they didn't have any problems. I'm about to take out the
> idle-timeout again to help. Just thought I'd post a message and see
> anyone else has seen this.

What are you setting it to and what ComOS revision are (and were) you
running?

There were several changes made somewhere between 3.5 and 3.7.x, where the
special value(s) of "1 second" and "1 minute" where modified. All are
detailed in the release notes on our web site:

<URL:http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Docs/Release/index.html>

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/