Re: (PM) Re: K56Flex and CT1

Tim Tsai (tim@futuresouth.com)
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 03:13:28 -0600

> On 11/27/97, at 2:55 AM, Tim Tsai wrote:
> >CT1, Trunk Side Terminated, D4, AMI, E&M Wink Start
> >
> >We have been unable to connect at K56flex rates at all. The modem in
> >question (from various locations) is a Zoom K56flex modem with the
> >following response from ATI3: V1.002-K56_DLP-AZ201
>
> Do you have any other PM3s on the same switch that work?
> Does it work calling in long distance? For instance, has LE tried
> it? If so, it may be a switch issue - padding levels. The Zoom
> should work.

This is the first PM3 we have deployed in the area. The client modem
can connect to Motorola's and Ascend's (hey, where's Livingston?) test
line but at low rates (about 34 to 36k). LE has tried it and they say
it works. We can dial in from another area and it works as well. What
bothers me is that most of the customers in this area can NOT connect to
the PM3 at all, even with the Zoom K56flex modems. Can you be more
specific on the padding levels and what else we may need to watch for?

So far LE's response is to upgrade to a mythical 1.20 version of the
firmware, which I have not been able to find on Zoom's web site nor get
Zoom to confirm or deny the existence of so far.

Thanks,

Tim