Re: (PM) CSU/DSU for frame relay on console port.

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:45:42 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Craig Sawyer wrote:

> Hi, just wondering what kind of CSU/DSU would be good for using Frame
> Relay (56k/128K) across a console port on a PM3, and can it even be done,
> I think it can, and was wondering which brand CSU/DSU's you guys
> recommend, of course it would have to have a RS232 interface on the
> CSU/DSU right?
> or am I just way gone?

Well, the console port is async 115.2k. You can't do frame over an
async port. Even if you could, performance would stink, becasue of async
to sync conversion.

Get your telco to use one or two DS0s from a T1 for the frame relay
connection.