Re: (PM) Port assignments and multiple hunt groups (fwd)

Doug McClure (dmcclure@infi.net)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:03:13 -0500

At 07:10 AM 11/26/97 -0800, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Peter Chow shaped the electrons to say...
>>the PRI's channel number and the serial port number that is used.
>>i.e. PRI channel 1 -> S0, ch 2 -> s1, ... ch 23 -> s22
>>
>>I understand the modems are assigned dynamically, but what about
>>the Serial ports?
>
>To my knowledge the is no fixed relationship between DS0 and S-port.

I always thought there was, but there isn't. There is a direct
relationship right after booting up but as calls come in and drop, the
channel <-> port alignment varies as seen below on one of my PM3's with
PRIs. The only thing that NEVER changes is the d channel assignment to
channel 23 (24) in the PRI.

ch port
0 S6
1 S10