Re: Wasting trees (was Re: (PM) The new first-time buyers

Jon Mann (mann@livingston.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 21:31:49 -0800

Everyone,

Reconizing the fact that we are:

1. wasting alot of trees
2. adding to shipping cost due to the size of the manuals (which most of
you pay for)
3. impacting overall cost due to the potential unnecessary reproduction of
paper manuals (which we all pay for)

we are very soon going to discontinue sending manuals with every product
shipped. don't panic, we are not going to charge for manuals, they will
still be available to our customers for free and there will be several ways
for you to obtain a free copy or copies of the manuals if you desire,
either directly thru us or the reseller you buy from. the CD will still be
included that has all the documentation on it, as well as the online
documentation on the web page. this just seems to make good sense, of
course if you dissagree, please let me know via private response, not
necessary to continue this thread on pm-users.

thanks - jon