Re: (PM) disconnect modes

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:40:39 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, JB wrote:

> I'm still trying to figure out what the following disconnect modes mean
>
> LAPM DISCONNECT

Normal LAPM Disconnect

This reason indicates a normal V.42 disconnect packet was received, and
is a normal call tear down.

> CIRCUIT DISCONNECT

Call Circuit Closed

This could be generated by any of the following reasons.
- Remote modem, on-hook condition.
- Three invalid login attempts.
- Sudden phone line termination.
- Remote modem powered off.

> LAPM TIMEOUT

LAPM negotiation timeout

This occurs when the timer expires while trying to detect XID or SABME
command. The timeout value is 30 seconds for K56flex connection, and 5
seconds otherwise.

> LOST CARRIER

Lost Carrier

Modem detected a loss of carrier while the circuit was still active.

> I did do some searching around on www.livingston.com but I still can
> only find what LOST CARRIER and Normal LAPM Disconnect means but I could
> not find what the others mean.
>
> The document at
> ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/le/doc/release/release37.txt does not list
> all of them...

It does, as seen above, but not in the exact same wording as you were
expecting as you can tell from above :)

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.