(PM) Re: your mail

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:11:08 -0800 (PST)

the easiest seems it might be

add loc whateverlocationname phone xyz-abcd&xyz-efgh

although i havent tried that....

or if you use a script you might

set location isp script 1 "ATDT xyz-abcd&xyz-efgh\r" "CONNECT"
set location isp script 2 "\r" "ogin:"
set location isp script 3 "yourusername\r" "assword:"
set location isp script 4 "yourpassword\r" "PPP"

although i dont remember using that for isdn... just pm's with modems...
you may have to adjust the stuff the pm throws back at you.

you are using a location table entry for on demand/continuous/manual
dialup eh?

if you want detailed location setup scripts, let me know... i can whip one
up in 5 mins... did so today for an or-u user...

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Walter Parker wrote:

> The phone numbers in the previous message where made up. Both phone numbers
> work just fine.
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear.
>
> For the server, I have a pm2e with 8 ISDN lines, giving 16 Single B channels
> (64K each) in a hunt group with a single hunt number. I also have 2 seperate
> ISDN phone lines with 4 seperate phone numbers for 4 additional single B
> channels (64K each).
>
> Port S27 has phone number xyz-abcd
> Port S28 has phone number xyz-defg
>
> These ports are unnumbered and on the same box.
>
> I have an OR-U at home where I have an ISDN line with 2 channels, S1 and S2.
> How do set the location so that dials xyz-abcd for one channel and xyz-defg
> for the other channel automatically. The PAP box only has room for one
> number. If I put xyz-abcd in it, it connects to that number. Then while I am
> still connected, if I put xyz-defg in as the number, the second OR-U ISDN
> line connects right up.
>
> I will try changing the OR-U from Max Ports 2, no multilink to Max Ports 1,
> multilink when I get home, but I don't see how it is going to know what
> number to dial for the second line without telling it (These numbers don't
> hunt to additional numbers)
>
> -- Walter
>

> "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
> And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."
>

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Tom Fellenz wrote:
>
> > At 10:35 AM 11/21/97 -0800, Walter Parker wrote:
> > >I've got a portmaster OR-U that I am using for dual-channel ISDN and I
> > >recently moved it from our hunt group to a pair of wild numbers. I used set
> > >loc loc-name phone 123-4567&123-7856 for the phone numbers. It only dials
> > >works with the first number. If I do a dial loc loc-name, it tries to make a
> > >connect on the second line but fails. If I switch the numbers by typing set
> > >loc loc-name phone 123-7856&123-4567 then the second line connects right
> > >away.
> >
> > It appears the '123-7856' number needs to be troubleshot. What kind of
> > router are you dialing into from the OR-U?
> >
> > Set max ports to 1 and leave off the other #. If it doesn't connect...
> >
> > >Is there a way that I can reconfigure my OR-U so that it uses both channel
> > >in bonded mode when the numbers are different (my old ISDN router allowed me
> > >to do that) ?
> > >

> > Well, we don't do "bonding" - its MLPPP - and it occurs automatically (when
> > the location is set to 'multilink on', only if the destination IP address of
> > the device being dialed is the same for both links and that it supports MLPPP.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Tom Fellenz
> >
> > /
> > Techical Support Engineering / L I V I N G S T O N
> > 4464 Willow Road /___ Enterprises, Inc.
> > Pleasanton, CA 94588 (800)458-9966
> > http://www.livingston.com support@livingston.com
> >

> -
> [...]

Robert H. Hanson
422 West Riverside Cutting Edge Communications, Inc.
Suite #516
Spokane, Wa. 99201 Regional Commercial Internet Service Provider
(509) 444-INET email: roberth@cet.com - http://www.cet.com/