Re: (PM) Is ComOS affected by a land.c attack ?

Russ Hughes (portmast@owt.com)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 21:13:02 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> According to reports on bugtraq, PM* boxes aren't vulnerable to 'land'.
> Apparently an OR-U was affected, but no mention of ComOS version. I tested
> it on one of our OR-HSes, and it wasn't affected. (v3.7L)

Good deal. I would really be nice to be able to set a filter to deny my
dial-in users from sending packets out that do not come from the ip
address they we assigned. I don't see a way to do this with the pm
filters. One or more of my customers think he/she is a real hacker.

My router is set to deny sending out ip's that are not ours, but it still
lets 'em mess with my other users.

Russ