Re: (PM) Anyone have Sprint/United Tele as local telco?

Robert M. Gutierrez (rmg@corp.webtv.net)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:53:49 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 1997 at 11:27:31AM -0500, Mike K wrote:
> Has anyone ever ordered Frac CT1's from Sprint/United Tele?
>
> I am getting a No answer from my Sprint rep.

Some LEC's do not tariff CT-1 just for the fact that it's the same
amount/type of telco equipment to support a full T-1. So why would
they put themselves in a position to offer a sub-rate service with
full-rate capitalization.

CT-1 harks back to the days when Channel Banks were used to aggregate
bandwidth and so it was cheaper to sell limited inter-office bandwidth.
Now, with OC-192 on the horizon, it just ain't worth the headache.

Channel banks are used now for doorstops, footstools, replacement
chairs, and probably soon, Dilbert jokes for the above :)

rob.