Re: (PM) Diff betw T1-Span & Ethernet Cables?

Jacob Suter (jsuter@intrastar.net)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:15:41 -0600

I got a four pair flat ribbon cable that came with my DS0 CSU/DSU.. I
run CAT3 four pair ("Ethernet Grade) between the telco box and a
standard jack (the smartjack fried and it doesn't appear GTE is
springing for a new one)...

for short distances in a low noise environment you should be able to run
pretty crappy wire for telco data... its not like T1s and such were
designed to go over perfect systems! (thats why I get so pissed when I
find an intermittant problem - GTE can get away with a LOT without
anyone noticing, why do they insist on doing more than that?)

JS