Re: (PM) PM3 and analog modem users

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:49:41 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Jeff Halper wrote:

> Am I supposed to set the baud rates on a PM3 to 115200 same as I did on
> the PM2?

No - they're stuck at 64000 in IDLE because that is the size and speed of
an ISDN B channel. When a call on a CT1 is *first* brought in it says
56000 because that is the speed of the data part (the other up to 64k is
signalling) of a channel on a CT1.

> I notice when I look at a port on the PM3 it says 9600 baud if an analog
> user is on it. (Using PMCONSOLE for Win 95)

Always? I know if you do a show all on the PM3 it will report the modem
speed the user is actually on at. I'm not sure about PMconsole/windows.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico