Fax-spamming, was: (PM) Resetting PM3 line0 stats

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 06:49:02 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Scott Rothgaber wrote:

> Speaking of annoying, am I the only one getting "fax-spammed" by LE? This
> is starting to piss me off. I didn't see what all of the hub-bub was about
> with the e-mails, but this actually costs me something. I'm going to start
> sending LE a bill for ink!

And, it's expensive ink. Fax-spamming has been illegal for many years.
You can collect $500 for each junk fax you get. See the gory details at
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html .

FWIW, we haven't been fax-spammed by them.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.
805-892-2133 805-289-1000 805-578-2121