Re: (PM) OR-U: no default route to learned IP address?

John Kelly (jak@cetlink.net)
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 23:16:09 -0500

Tom <tom@sdf.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Jake Messinger wrote:
>
>> You dont need to set up a default route to the learned address. The
>> default route is used as last resort.

>A OR-U has not chance of having a route to every network on a Internet
>connected site, so a default route is used for almost all traffic.

It's so simple, some people just refuse to accept it I guess.
Reminds me of Robert DeNiro in Deer Hunter shaking that rifle
bullet at his annoying friend and saying "THIS IS THIS!"

His friend kept asking "what do mean, THIS IS THIS?"

Hehehehe ... oh well, this is this and that is that, but
that is not this and this is not that ...

John