Re: (PM) Vivacom 56k

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 13:41:41 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Doug McClure wrote:

> How does ATI 3 LT 56K DATA+FAX+VOICE+VOICEVIEW translate into a K56flex
> code rev?

8) okay Doug it doesn't.... but most modems with K56Flex or the bogus less
than 1.xx revision supposed K56Flex use ATi3 to report the firmware
revision.

For this instance look for something like 4198 or similar, using other
ATiX...

On my page for the K56Flex modems that I've seen with problems I'm slowly
listing updated drivers or pointers to sites... and thank goodness most
users here are not into the power mode so I haven't had to research many.

Anyhow, what I normally do is check ATi3 first, if like this Lucent
monster doesn't have the firmware revision, then I check all the other
ATiX commands, then find out where the luser bought the modem from.

Check that companies support to see if they OEM the modem or not. Else, I
check the chipset makers site, in this case Lucent to see if they have
generic drivers.

For my user with the Lucent, he bought it from cybermax computers or
something to that effect, so I went to their support page and found two
different flavors...then matched the ATi reports with the information on
their updated drivers.

Hope this helps...

--
Aloha from Paradise,