Re: (PM) 3Com Impact IQ to Portmaster, not working yet

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:18:33 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, John Kelly wrote:

> >From: Kelley Lingerfelt <pm2e@cococo.net>
> >
> > It was mentioned on the list a couple of months ago, that
> > the 3Com Impact IQ supposedly had the best pots line capability.
> > FWIW.
>
> It's not worth much here. I've been trying for 5 days to get a 3Com
> Impact IQ to talk ISDN to my ISP's PM3 with little success. It will
> connect to Bellsouth.net ISDN with no problems, but to my ISP's PM3 it
> fails at least 50% of the time. My ISP has no one else using the 3Com
> TA and can't help much.

I dunno... do you have the newest firmware? Called 3COM support?

I love the 3COM Impact IQ/Impact II. NEVER a problem calling a PM3.
Best external TA I found. Also, I know that some of the staff at
Livingston use Impacts too.

Tom