Re: (PM) Radius (fwd)

Chris Wilson (cbw@atlantic.net)
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 23:39:13 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:

> As Megazone has pointed out, its not 100% idiot-proof, but its pretty damn
> close. MCPPP-style checks for max channels doesn't do it - you could have
> multiple clusters of units in different locations, and they can't "see" each
> other in that way.

It'd be nifty if they could implement an SNMP disconnect command. Just do
scans every X minutes of all your servers, and if you see joedoe on twice,
*bang* NO CARRIER.

There are bunches of ways to do it, I'm sure someone will have the time
(and the coffee) to sit down and hash out the best way, and we'll just
hope that code makes it out into the public domain ;)

Chris

Chris Wilson (CW40) | http://www.atlantic.net
Internet Connect Company | Dial-up access * Web hosting
Sales: 800-422-2936 Support: 800-921-9328 | Leased lines * News services