RE: (PM) Radius (fwd)

Sam Lehrfeld (sam@wserv.com)
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 23:12:50 -0500

We are running the Radius found it at this address:
http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel/radius/index.html

It has been working flawlessly for us, except of course
when the PM3 forgets to issue a stop record...here some
of the additions, taken from their webpage. This is free.
I am not involved or affiliated in any way shape or form
with the software so please dont email me for help.
-----
(sorry for the formatting...cut and paste from a webpage doesnt look too good
:) )

ADDITIONS:

added support for limiting the online time of some users during the peak
hours. Added a new program called radwatch. This program is intended to be run
often from crontab, and used in conjunction with a pm_kill program. See
RADWATCH file for details.

added support for /etc/raddb/denyuser file. This file contains one username
per line. For users listed here the authentication will be denied regardless of
any other settings. You can use @group instead of an username to get this
restriction automatically applied to all members of some group (talking about
UNIX user group here...)

a new program, radlist is provided for querying the user-stats database
maintained by the radius server. See radlist -h for more.

radiusd is logging with LOG_NOTICE failed authetications and their reasons.
(thanks to Tim Moloney for suggestion).

radlast command provided for keeping track of the PMs usage. The database used
to store the information is located by default in /var/log/radius/radlast
(defined in radius.h). Note that this database is not compatible with the
standard UNIX last program. See radlast -h for more.

MD5 encrypted passwords support (both in passwd file and/or users file) you
can specify now Expire="SHADOW" as a check item to use the expiry information
from the shadow file on
shadowed systems (useable also on DEFAULT entries)
----

****THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WANT RIGHT HERE*****

----
added MAXTIME=integer check item to specify the max number of monthly hours a
user may use the system. added the LOGINS=integer check item for users file.
You can limit the max number of concurrent logins with this parameter. This
should work reliably now (if you use gdbm and single threaded mode...)

added support for PAM on systems which can use it. It is enabled by default on
Linux_2.0 and commented out for Linux_1.2. See the PAM-INFO file for more
details. Thanks are due to Jeff Blaize for his first effort to PAMify this
beast.

added a Time=string check-item to limit the time frame an user is allowed
to log in. The format is consists of days specifiers followed by hours
intervals, multiple values separated by commas.
Day specifiers are Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su and Wk meaning Mo-Fr and Al
meaning all of them.
Hours intervals are specified as HHMM-HHMM (hours_minutes). Thus, valid
entries are:
Time = "MoTuWe0800-1400,Wk2200-0400"
Time = "Al1800-0600,Wk1000-1330"
... you get the idea. Please don't use spaces in the string. The parser is
brain dead already. :-)
added two simple perl scripts to show you how to work with the internal
databases maintained by radiusd during its operation.

added a sample PAM module for thandling the user sessions you can use with the
PAMified version. You can build your own module starting from the one provided
with the patch.
-----
Web Services, Incorporated http://www.wserv.com
31 A Trolley Square Shopping Center Phone: (302)-655-3287
Wilmington, DE 19806 Fax: (302)-475-5444
-----