Re: (PM) two access servers, one phone number

Rick Davidson (rick@buckeyeweb.com)
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 13:00:32 -0500

-

>On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Vlado Potisk wrote:
>
>> The IP address of an access server is also the address
>> of the default gateway for the customer's computer. Could
>> it create any problems when this address is not always
>> the same for each session ?
>
> It been a long time since common client software even asked for a
>gateway address. The only people who need this now, are some routers that
>will refused to learn the farside address.
>
> You can also use the reported_ip feature to make all the PMs report the
>same address to callers.
>
>> Vlado Potisk
>> -

I have a customer who I have assigned a subnet for their network, they use a
PM pcmcia office router for a dial on demand connection. currently the
router is setup so that any traffic bound for that subnet is routed to the
first pm3 (we just added a second pm3). If the reported_ip feature is set to
the ip of the first box will the subnet route correctly if they dial into
the second box?

Rick Davidson
Buckeye Internet Services, Ltd.
Director of Intergalactic Affairs and Interspecies Mediation
rick@buckeyeweb.com http://www.buckeyeweb.com
Voice: 440-953-1900 Fax: 440-953-1050