Re: (PM) OR-U dial a second number? (fwd)

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:49:31 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time patrick@namesecure.com shaped the electrons to say...
> >Does the OR-U support the capability of dialing a second number in case
> >the primary number is down/unreachable?
>
> The OR-U supports multiple phone numbers seperated by '&' - but I think it
> only moves the the next number when the previous number is already connected.
> I don't know that it does it if the first number fails.

I've configed an OR-U with one of the two numbers wrong and it would never
bring up the second channel. I just assumed that each number related to
s1 and s2 individually. Was a maddening 10 minutes scratching my head why
the second channel wouldn't come up :)