Re: (PM) PM3 & 56k modems in Europe

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 15:01:25 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Jukka Pakkanen wrote:

> > Is the ADMIN/DOWN bug also present here
> > with COMOS 3.7.1c1?
>
> We have few modems in dows state every now and then, but set mx off, set
> mx on resets them fine. The real problem is the obvious incompatibility

Yeah, that is being worked on by Livingston..

> with several modems brands and models. Many V.32bis and K56 modems just
> refuse to talk to the new modems. Either there's no connection at all,
> or it is 1200 or 2400bps. Interesting is that "sh mx" says that there

Eek.. what kind of line do you have? You are running ComOS 3.7.1c1 right?

We are having numerous problems with random disconnections and not being
able to connect but at least a good part of these seem to be caused by the
timing of the wink start on our CT1 lines from Us West which we are
changing to immediate start.

> are usually no "Connection Failures" at all, like there used to be a
> few, but ther are lots of "Modem detects" errors instead.

I don't see any type of connection failure errors on my modems with c1
even though I know there are some.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.