Re: (PM) Livingston manager spamming!

Portmaster Mail List Account (bleargh@net.bluemoon.net)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:04:18 -0500 (EST)

<CYBERPROMO>Wow. Internet commerce at its finest, eh?</CYBERPROMO>

I highly resent your interest in having your customers steal my resources
to advertise at just about no cost to themselves.

One 2k email doesn't cost anyone didley, but add up the bandwidth total
for all the spam sent and then add the bandwidth wasted tracking down the
offenders and any actions taken against them and you have a pretty piece
of change as well as some impact on the rest of the legitimate packets
going out and about.

You can be assured that we'll put your entire zone in our smtp filters
if I see even one piece of spam from your domains. Every anti-spam zealot
haven will also get a copy of the spam and your statements below.

I added three more spammer domains to the filter list today, yours was
almost number four.

I apologize to list members for the rant, but I'm approaching the
zero-tolerance level with these net-thieves.

Now, does anyone talk about Portmasters in here anymore? :)

J. Henry Priebe Jr. Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
X2 & K56flex Access net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
Anything Internet bbs.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon BBS
http://www.bluemoon.net mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMUD