Re: Is anyone happy with the 56k cards?

Tim Hodges, Triangle Telephone Cooperative Assoc. (7thodges@3rivers.net)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:42:07 -0600

I am in about the same boat. We upgraded to 3.7 and new cards, and immediately
started having connection problems with established customers. I had
already been through this with switching to PM3's initally, and going
through 3.5b8, and b20.

I pulled the new cards but stayed with ComOS3.7. I have gone to a lot of
work to rearrange my traffic to put a single PM3 with new cards on a test
number.
I am going to test for about a week with employee users, and then try going
back on-line with live traffic on the new cards. If LE doesn't do a good
job resolving the 3-5% of my customer problems I expect to have, I will
be very disappointed and LE will have really dropped a notch in my book.

My experience from 3.5/old cards is that if a customer calls with modem
difficulties
(USR, Diamond, etc..), I do all the normal hair pulling, init strings, etc..
When I have called LE to open a ticket, it takes them a day or two to get
back to me, I pull a debug trace, mail it to them, and then never get any
real help. By that point the customer has left or bought a new modem.

Tim Hodges
7thodges@3rivers.net