Re: 56K Troubles: Anyone for sharing/comparing?

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Jon Rust wrote:

>Maybe we can find a common thread here. Again, I'm a little confused
>since we can get such good connect rates with v.34, but can't do anything
>with K56Flex.
>
>GTE covers most of the local area. They use SLC-5's almost everywhere. My
>4 PRI's come directly out of a GTD-5. 2 of them originate from another
>GTD-5, and 2 of them originate from an ATT-5ess (GTE's MetroLan service
>routes them into my switch). I'm running NI-2 on all of them. I'm under a
>mile from the CO.

Sounds like there is another A/D conversion going on besides at the
customer's location. In that case you will NOT get 56K speeds. It ain't
all dependent on your connection to the net. It also is dependent on
whats going on with the telco and at the customer.