Re: ESF vs SF on PM3 and CT1 (fwd)

Todd Taylor (todd@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:39:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Rick Rountree shaped the electrons to say...
> >got all the ports to show idle but a "sh line0" status still shows the line
> >as down. I believe this may be because I ordered # of DNIS digits sent on
> >wink start as zero based on the provisioning guide on the Livingston web
> >site. The PM3 provisioning guide on the Livingston web site doesn't say
> >anything about DNIS digits needing to be one, in fact, (I just checked), it
> >says DNIS isn't used and will be supported in a future release. However,
> >the new manual says, page 11-10, "ComOS 3.6-and-later releases require one
> >DNIS digit."
> >
> >So, Megazone...which is right?
>
> I quite honestly don't know... I'd ask someone else, but most everyone
> else went home already. Maybe someone else is monitoring the list tonight.
> Marty?

Presuming that you have CT1's, those which I've seen 'DOWN' are
indicated that way usually because we can't sync up properly with the
telco. Try changing framing and/or encoding to see what happens.
(If the bipolar violations and multiframe sync counters are increasing but
CRC's aren't, then it's likely that framing is not set correctly). DNIS
is useful to know the number that the caller dialed (dialed number
identification service) which can be retrieved on a wink back to the
switch, but should have nothing to do with getting the CT1 'UP' AFAIK. I'm
also not sure whether we've implemented support for DNIS yet either.

Todd

> > -MZ
> --
> Livingston Enterprises - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs
> Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
> For support requests: support@livingston.com <http://www.livingston.com/>
> Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588

E. Todd Taylor Livingston Enterprises Inc. Phone: (800) 458-9966
Support Engineer 4464 Willow Road Fax: (510) 737-2110
todd@livingston.com Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.livingston.com/