Re: How good is the OR-HS (fwd)

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:28:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Krzysztof Adamski shaped the electrons to say...
> >I'm looking for information on the OR-HS, how good is it.
> >If is has a T1 connected and OSPF running on the local network, what are
> >the maximums that is can deal with?
>
> It can push a full E1 and deal with OSPF just fine. Especially with 3.7L
> which has the improved WAN driver.

I would not run OSPF on an OR at all, unless it is a very small network.
I tried using an OR as a gateway to a small POP with a PM3 and 2 2e's but
when I enabled OSPF on the WAN interface, it fell down fast and hard, not
enough memory in the OR to do even a medium sized OSPF database. I would
love to see either socketed memory in this unit, or 4MB so I could do just
what I am wanting to do, now I need to get a 2501 or something else
*cheap* that can do OSPF and have some memory in it.

Tim Flavin Internet Access for St Louis & Chicago
Internet 1st, Inc Toll Free Sales & Support 800-875-3173
http://www.i1.net For more information email info@i1.net