Re: CIRCUIT DISCONNECT

Larry Vaden (vaden@texoma.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:54:31 -0500

At 08:30 PM 8/14/97 -0500, Brian Elfert wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Nick Johnson wrote:
>
>> Well, I finally caught it.
>>
>> Last night in my initial testing of our new PM3, I kept getting
>> disconnected whenever my connection saw any kind of increased activity.
>> I posted a message earlier about the bad FCS messages.
>>
>> Today I had my home machine call in and I started a pingflood to it.
>> Sure enough, about 30 seconds later, it disconnected with the following
>> information for M0:
>
>What does the RADIUS detail log say for the disconnect reason?

Late last evening, I got as many as 15-20 disconnects all with duration 94
seconds on my Motorola BitSurfer connected at 64K. Came and went. Could
be thunderstorm related, but failures were 2-3 hours after the
thunderstorm. All were said to be "user-request".

Summary of 22.5 hours of operation today (I hope this is helpful):

mars# /usr/local/bin/uniq -c detail.cause.srt
147 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Idle-Timeout
20 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Carrier
56 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Port-Error
3 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Service-Unavailable
41 Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Error
1338 Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request

Yesterday's results were:

mars# /usr/local/bin/uniq -c detail.cause.srt
1 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Host-Request
590 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Idle-Timeout
1188 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Carrier
41 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Port-Error
2 Acct-Terminate-Cause = Service-Unavailable
214 Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Error
4509 Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request