Re: Global Village modems

Robert Hiltibidal (rob@rob.fgi.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:19:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Jon Rust wrote:

> On 8/14/97 9:17 AM livingston@iav.com proclaimed --
>
> >On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Eddie Fry wrote:
> >

> >> I have a customer running a Mac with a Global Village Gold modem.
> >> Does anybody have an init string for these? She is having problems
> >> connecting.
> >
> >In addition to the below, don't forget to drop the port speed to like
> >19200...
>
> That's rotten advice, which is strange coming from you, Sherwood. You'll
> cause a lot of problems with that one. Just makes Macs look bad, and we
> all know Apple doesn't need any help doing that. They're doing fine all
> by themselves on that front.

Actually he's not that far off.. We've had several people that have ended
up replacing their global villages because mac doesn't support them after
system 7.6 GV's were a nice idea but in actual use they just don't
perform.

-Rob

Systems Programmer "Open the doors of your stores
rob@fgi.net 24 hours a day"
morgan@springpatch.com Springpatch Mall
http://www.springpatch.com