Re: Who's received them

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:02:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Leonard wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Tim Flavin wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Jake Messinger wrote:
> > > at that rate, #800 will take 3 weeks from today?
> >
> > I had a great conversation with someone at Livingston last night, and the
> > plan I was told was to ship 100% of the modems to tracking numbers 400 and
> > below, then 1 box worth to 401 and above, then coming back and finishing
> > the remaining modems for 401 and above.
>
> That doesn't sound too fair to me. I remember somewhere in a email
> bulletin or on their website that LE says it's equal distribution?

Yes, but we all know about Livingston and how good -- [snip] [cut]
[edited out] [deleted] -- is.

But on the brighter side, according to what I have been reading on the
list, there are very few 56K modems in the public that will even connect
past 33.6. There was one manufactured by Amazons deep in the Brazilian
Rain forest, but they are hard to get and there aren't many willing to
brave the trip. :) Xena and Gabby will on next week's episode, go in
search of the K56Flex 1.1 modems.... I have heard it is a 3 parter....

> Leonard "at #800, my christmas present WILL come at christmas time".
> :)

Later
Kelley "#469", (approximate hours before 1st set of modems should be
here)