Re: Callers "hanging" when calling 3.5.1b20

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:56:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, CYGNET Support wrote:

> If the Zoltrix is a PCtel modem then they are known to hang with 3.5.1B20.
> 2.16 version of drivers fixes the problem. As for the USR???

In fact, Zoltrix has release a 2.17 version of the PCTel drivers, which
work even better. I've used the Zoltrix drivers on Comwave's, AST's,
CTX's, (and of course, Zoltrix modems) ... They're the best "generic"
HSP modem drivers out there, and even better, contain decent instructions
to install.

The 2.17 version cleans things up a little more, and my HSP customers are
getting close to the same transfer speeds as normal modems.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.