Re: Big Problem need solved

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 00:37:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, Miguel Correia Lima wrote:

> Hi Kelley,
>
> Thanks by you replay!
> Thanks by any ideia or help!
>
> On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Kelley Lingerfelt wrote:
> > On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Miguel Correia Lima wrote:
> > > Hi!
>
> gw-pm03> sh s9
> ----------------------- Current Status - Port S9 ---------------------------
> Input: 15321193 Parity Errors: 0
> Output: 70942985 Framing Errors: 7
> Pending: 0 Overrun Errors: 1
> Modem Status: DCD+ CTS+
>
> Active Configuration Default Configuration
> -------------------- ---------------------
> Port Type: Netwrk Netwrk (Dial In)
^^^^^^^^^
I would expect to see: ----------------------> (Security On)

> > sh s22
>
> gw-pm03> sh s22
> ----------------------- Current Status - Port S22 ---------------------------
> Input: 0 Parity Errors: 0
> Output: 0 Framing Errors: 0
> Pending: 0 Overrun Errors: 0
> Modem Status: DCD- CTS+
>
> Active Configuration Default Configuration
> -------------------- ---------------------
> Port Type: Netwrk Netwrk (Dial In)
^^^^^^^^^^^
Same as above I don't see (Security On)---------------->

Look at

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/Config/dialinppp-portconfig.shtml

try to set up s20 thru s29 just like the example, I am not sure what the
example means by

set s1 network 2 is supposed to mean, I always put in

set s1 network dialin

but, the rest of it should work. If you just added these ports, you should
be able to use all in place of s1, if all the ports are the same. Then you
could just execute the commands in the example. Then do a

save all
then just reset ports s20 thru s29.

I never had 3.5 on our PM2s here, so there may be something I am missing
about the display. But you could at least try to set up s20 just like the
example and do a save s20 reset s20 and see if it started working. I
forgot this once and it seemed like the symptom was always reporting
CONNECTING, never got ESTABLISHED. Something to try anyway.
Good Luck.

Later
Kelley