Re: Framing Errors

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 10:25:48 -0700

At 09:38 AM 8/6/97 +0000, Jim Tinlin wrote:
>> >We are experiencing problems with our pm2e. When we do a 'sho s7' or
>> >whatever we see that there are 625 framing error on that particular port.
>> >We have that same problem with a couple other ports. On all of the other
>> >port the framing error are either at zero or one. What can we do to fix
>> >this problem? Is it just a bad modem or bad cable?
>
>How often are these stats 'updated'? Do they clear during reboot or
>just a running total from date of birth? Just curious...

Port Statistics are only reset when the PortMaster is rebooted. There has
been discussions about implementing a second set of port statistics that
can be reset and then show a delta value since the reset. Kinda like a
odometer and a trip odometer.

If you would like to exercise your consumer vote for any
feature/enhancement for Livingston products, please send email to
support@livingston.com with a subject of "RFE".

---
jstorms@livingston.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.