Re: show mo shows lost-carrier

Marty Likier (marty@livingston.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:01:51 -0700

At 09:51 AM 7/31/97 -0700, Eddie Fry wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I keep getting the following when I do a show mo on a PM3 running 3.1.5b20.
>
>M0 S0 ACTIVE 26400 V42BIS LAPM 84 0 NORMAL
>M1 S1 ACTIVE 28800 V42BIS LAPM 99 0 LOST CARRIER
>
>I know M0 is correct and working correctly, but what about M1? I
interpret this as a hung modem. Am I correct? What can I do, besides
resetting the port, to keep this from happening?

Don't do anything, nothing is wrong with M1. The last disconnect for M1 was
reported as a lost carrier disconnect - basically the remote client modem
disconnected the phone line.

--
Marty Likier
Product Marketing Mgr.