Re: USR 56k/No DNS

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:15:26 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Keith wrote:

> Keith wrote:
> >
> > Have a user with new internal USR 56k x2 modem (w95). He connects
without a problem, but then cannot pull up any URLs in Netscape (get
standard "no DNS message"). Have checked all settings, turned of error
and flow control. Any other suggestions? Do I need to change the init
string even if he is establishing a connection?

> Since I didnt get any response the first time, thought id post again. I
> dont want to lose this customer, but i cant think of anything else to
> try.

1) try having him access the ip addy of a website... can do?
if that works then his DNS setup is bonkered....
2) if he has a circa 1996 Packard Bell then get a non PB version of win95
and uninstall/reinstall DUN and TCP/IP....

http://iav.com/~livingston for my lame notes on win95 setup for
customers...

--
Aloha from Paradise,