Re: radius

Robert Hiltibidal (rob@rob.fgi.net)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 06:55:15 -0500 (CDT)

What version of Radius are you using? What os?

Not too long ago there was a post from a guy Japan. He said he'd found a
way to "bomb" radius ports with spurious udp packets. We downloaded the
program he used and tried it against our own systems. It did not work.
We're running Radius 2.01 he claimed to be running 1.16 What you're
decribing is very similar to a DOS attack. However, it may not be. If
you're running an older version of Radius, I'd reccommend upgrading asap.

-Rob

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Travis Choma wrote:

> Hi, I have been plagued with a strange problem, it seems that radius
> randomly goes into bouts where it won't authenticate certain users for 10
> mins er soo at a time, other users can login fine so its not totally
> failing, random people at random times, or so it appears, anyone have any
> pointers to at least get me started. I am at a loss.
> Thanx in advance.
>

> Travis Choma | choma@itcanada.com
> Systems Administrator | Voice 905-834-6388
> Internet Technologies, Inc | Fax 905-834-1486
> Why bother building any more nuclear warheads until
> we use the ones we have????

Systems Programmer "Open the doors of your stores
rob@fgi.net 24 hours a day"
morgan@springpatch.com Springpatch Mall
http://www.springpatch.com