Re: V.FC support for the PM3

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 19:48:23 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Oystein Homelien wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Sherwood Portmaster-List wrote:
>
> > Marty, explain why.... V.FC is not a standard, but rather an interim
> > protocol, like HST and V.Fast, thus is not supported...
> > Livingston has always announced their support of the Standards set forth
> > by the ITU...
> > Thus the V.FC, will not work, but v.32bis (is this the 14.4Kbps protocol?)
> > will...
>
> The problem I am facing is that we are expected to support V.FC even
> though it is not a standard, and the Total Controls (which our competitors
> use) do support it as far as I can see.

I'm sure you've seen all the other responses... in all, Livingston's
position will come to...'if our equipment (which follows ITU standards)
does not do the job for you, please go ahead and get a product that will.

It may appear that you have to go to the TC rack.... either that or
maintain an analog pool for these legacy customers.

I'm sorry, you may be caught in this situation, but the reality is that
this is how Livingston operates and for that I'm glad that they
concentrate on larger issues, like NFAS!!! Right guys?!?! (hint, hint)...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood