Re: Win98/Memphis MLPP anything special ???

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@snappy.wserv.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:43:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Jordan Mendelson wrote:

> > >I have a customer that is testing Memphis and wishes to use MLPPP to uses
> > >28.8 modems to connect to multiple ports and bond them together for faster
> > >speeds.
> > >
> > >Currently this customer is dynamically assigned Pusername dialer.
> > >
> > >Do I need to make changes for this to work for him ?
> >
> > Yes, change your terminal server to something else. MLPPP for analog
> > modems is not yet supported on Livingston products. (or you can wait for
> > it to be implemented on the PM-3).
>

> Untrue, I use multilink PPP on my linux box right now to a PM3 via two
> 33.6 modems.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that no where in Memphis's documentation does
it say that the multiple analog modem feature is MLPPP.

At least, I couldn't find it, so it maybe MS was smart enough to add a
load balancing feature for people without MP.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/
Web Services, Inc.   : www.wserv.com